Making My WFH Life Bearable
With the ongoing pandemic, I've found myself struggling to feel comfortable with being home ~23hrs/day. In case it helps anyone, I wanted to jot down and share some things that I've found helpful for me.
- Try to keep on top of cleanliness. For me, the environment around me impacts my thought process. Staying in a good routine of keeping my place tidy, emptying the dishwasher, putting away clean clothes, etc has been especially important.
- Going for at least one long walk a day.
- Having a video call with friends or family every 2-3 days.
- Regular 1:1s with coworkers. Combining this or the above bullet with long walks is great.
- On warmer/dry days, working on my balcony has been nice. I just use my night stand as a makeshift desk.
in case anyone’s interested, here’s some other stuff I’ve been buying to make quarantine life easier:
- Back cushion for lumbar: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D5J7SL2/
- Memory foam lap desk (for couch work): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J7NHZK/
- Sofa arm clip table (so I can put a drink on the sofa arm safely): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DNPT1HB
- Logitech webcam: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K95WFWM
- Yeti USB mic: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B072PR6W8P
- Roost laptop stand (nice and portable too): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C9KG8IG
- Light string for cozier vibe: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MA43D7R
- Nice waterproof picnic blanket for hanging in the park in down time: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FCVLK6Y
- Kurgesagt posters: https://shop-us.kurzgesagt.org/collections/kurzgesagt-posters
- Gooseneck tablet holder (great for watching something while cooking or as a stand for iPad sidecar): https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078M61HHB
Hope this helps some folks!